Radien (Chapter 2)

The Underworld
“What do you mean mated. How the hell can a three headed dog from the underworld mate to anything.” Hades paced his throne room. Shaking his head, he refused to believe that his so called guard dog had mated to a soul that was passing along the Acheron River. “And I bet the fates just love the fact the beast that both immortals and mortals fear has turned into a useless ball of fur, not to mention thing just up and vanished.” Damn what was he going to do now? What he needed protection from was something not even his powers could stop. How was he going to find another guard dog as vicious as the one he just lost? Bad enough the damn race was on the verge of extinction but he would have to travel back to the beginning of time and get another one…again. It wasn’t an easy task to do especially when he had to bargain with the fates so they won’t damage anything he holds dear…like his wife.
“I do not wish to bargain with those three bitches again. They knew that she would imprint and they didn’t even warn me or anything. I know they are having a good laugh about this one. Damn it.” Hades flopped into his throne with an angry sigh. How was he going to find another female Cerberus or a Hell Hound as they were usually called, a female was rare and almost impossible to find. They were vicious and deadlier then the males. They are the real bitches of the underworld. Ruthless killers they were, anything that threatened Hades and his kingdom was chewed up and spit out without hesitation.
“My love, do not anger the fates. You know not to cross them. And besides my love I know of one who is more vicious then the one you just lost. And he is quite unique one of a kind, if their species had a God he would be it….His power is uncharted, he is more powerful than your brother Zeus.” Persephone stood beside her husband rubbing his shoulder to relax him she hated to see him worried like this.
“What do you mean more powerful than Zeus? There is no such thing. And if there was all the Gods would know about it.” Hades shook her hand off his shoulder. He was in no mood to be comforted by his wife. His temper was getting the best of him and he didn’t want to hear about things that didn’t exist.
Persephone let out a long breath before she continued to speak to her husband. “My love...” she moved to stand in front of him. Bending down on her knees in front of him, she looked into his troubled eyes. “There are even things you and your mighty family does not even know about.”
“Then how is it that you know about them then? Surely if I do not know then you and your little powers cannot know...” She was tempted to show him exactly what she could do with her little powers but she forced her anger under control. Two angry Gods would do nothing about the trouble that was coming their way in a short time.
“Do you trust me…” she waited for his response as she started into his eyes. “Hades my love do you trust me.”
“Of course I trust you.” He answered through clenched teeth. Grabbing his hands Persephone continued to speak.
“Then listen and listen well because you only have one chance to get him here and if you do not we are doomed...” She had his full attention now as her voice grew stern and serious. “His name is Radien. To get to him you must travel through time…..”
“Of course I have to travel through time, to the beginning of time. Yes I know so tell me something that I do not know.” He pulled his hands away from her standing he started to pace again.
“Do not walk away from me when I am talking to you. You maybe the lord of the underworld but do not underestimate me and what I can do.” She started at Hades, who finally stopped pacing and looked into her eyes. His face was passive but his eyes held the rage he would dare not take out on her, “Now if you will listen...You must travel beyond the beginning of time.”
“Persephone there is nothing before the beginning of time. You do not know what you are talking about.”
“No Hades I know what I am talking about…fine then look.” She held out her hand and a crystal appeared. She watched as Hades approached her. “Look my love and see what I tell you is the truth.” He stepped closer and peered into the crystal ball.
“There is nothing there.”
“Look closer my love. It is time before time. It is Oblivion. In this realm there is nothing. And only the most powerful of beings are able to travel there. It is where the three Universes are, do you not see it…My love do you know of Bion, the Universe of life.” He shook his head. “Well Bion is what gave life to the titian Cronos and all those before him. He is the beginning and the end, when a God dies their powers flow back into his veins and depending on the power of the God he either brings them back to life or keep their power for himself……Look closer my love and see what I tell you is the truth.”
Hades stared harder into the crystal, he watched as it went from a clear shimmering crystal to black. What he saw was nothing like what he had ever seen. And that coming from a God who was there before human time that says a lot. The longer he started into the black crystal the more he saw, there were streams of blue and green that danced together. He saw no figured but he could feel the overwhelming power that was in this realm.
“How can this be true?”
“There are many things even you don’t know about my love.” She closed her hands and the crystal disappeared.
“How is it possible for a beast to have such power? I have never heard of a Hell Hound having that much power. It’s inconceivable that a place like this can even exist. I should have felt a power as strong as that was. There is no way for a mere hellhound to live there.” Hades walked around his wife as he spoke. “and more to the point how is it possible for you to have access to that power. What are you not telling me?” If she told him the truth he would have killed her right then and there. Instead she spoke nothing to give herself away.
“I have told you my love do not dismiss my powers…And like I have told you Radien is not like the rest of the species. He is quite unique. And we need his help if we expect to survive the next year.”
“Ok so tell me how does a creature such as this will come and help me.” He arched his brow as he waited for her response.
“Well you have to perform a ritual so to say.”
“A ritual?”
“Yes, you must get the blood of your previous hellhound”
“Ok easy”
“No you need to slit the throat of the most vicious heads. Then once you have the blood you must hurry and spread it out in a pentagram. Once you have done that you must offer you own blood into the pentagram. And it cannot be blood from any part of your body. It must be from the part that is used the most.” She paused, she watched as Hades face became full on confusion. He started at her and she glanced down to his manhood. If it wasn’t a serious time the look on his face would have made her laugh but now was not the time.
“You cannot be serious.”
“Yes it is your most used part. And the blood is stronger than in any other part of your body. Once you have offered your blood you must call his name while standing in the pentagram. Then he will appear and you must tell him why you have called him and you must offer him something he cannot refuse.”
“What would that be exactly?”
She paused before she spoke again “I hear it is lonely for him in that realm, so offer him the company of one of the most beautiful woman in your kingdom, weather in the Elysian Fields or in Tartarus.” She closed the space between them with one quick step.
“A woman, that’s it?” It can’t be that easy. Hades thought. But then again what better way to get a lonely man or creature then a beautiful companion.
“Yes a woman. The most beautiful, is it not true that if I had been offered to you my love you would have taken me without hesitation. Even though I think you would prefer to steal me anyway.”
“Yes. So there it is then.” Hades cupped his wife’s face. “You are the most beautiful woman in my world.”
“To you I am my love, but to him I will not be.” At least she hoped it would be that way.
“Any man or beast would be blind not to want you. But I am most thankful that he will not want you…..my beautiful wife.” He kissed her passionately before he set out to complete his task.

Radien was jerked awake from his sleep. Only to open his eyes and realize he was in the throne room of Hades, the lord of the underworld. Dragging his body to full standing position Radien looked around the massive room. Everything about the room reminded him of death, everything was a black and a blood red color. In the distance you could hear the screams of the souls that were being tortured.
A ritual. Radien thought as he looked down at the blood pentagram. A ritual hasn’t been done in thousands of years. What could have the all powerful God of the underworld so shaken as to call the most powerful of creatures forth? Radien smiled at the thought of Hades being powerless, it was a pretty funny thing to see the lord of underworld scared.
“I’m glad you find all this amusing.” Hades sat in his throne with two of the most beautiful woman Radien had ever seen. He knew the one to his right was the queen Persephone he could smell Hades on her body. The one to the left was the sacrifice he assumed. She was a beauty by any means, tall and lean with beautiful olive skin. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into a traditional bun. Her eyes would make the most beautiful Egyptian woman envious. Yes she was beauty but nowhere near as beautiful as Persephone.
“Yes I am quite amused that you woke me up from my sleep in some feeble attempt to help you with you with your problem. But you know what I find even more amusing?” Radien took a step out of the pentagram. “Is that I can smell the fear on you. Along with the hate you have for the fact I am more powerful than you…” He paused and turned his attention to Persephone. “Hello Persephone” Radien inclined his head. “It has been awhile since I last saw you. I hardly recognized you with the scent of Hades all on you. How is it that you became his?”
“She is mine because I wanted her to be mine mutt. So watch yourself.” Hades stood from his throne. Radien laughed at Hades as he tried to puff his chest out and look intimidating.
“Watch yourself Hades. I have killed more powerful beings than you for much less. Be happy I have had a good sleep and I’m in a somewhat good mood.” He should kill the man. Instead he turned his attention to Persephone, ignoring Hades and his thoughts.
“Hello Radien... It is a long story. One I will gladly tell you but first I need your help.”
“Don’t you mean we need your help?” Radien arched his brow. “Come on Pes, come and tell me what happened that has you so scared that you call me.” Radien extended his hand.
Hades watched in disbelief as his wife went over to the hellhound. “I am not a hellhound you worthless God.” Hades couldn’t speak. He can hear my thoughts.
“Yes God, I can hear your thoughts if I want to.” Radien voice was full of distain as he eyed the God. The temptation to kill the Greek was strong but Persephone would be killed as well, and he liked her...a lot more than he should. She grabbed his hand and hooked her arm into his.
“You blush, why is that?” Radien whispered in her ear. He watched as her cheeks became even more flushed.
You are naked Radien, as much as I love my husband you are still quite a sight to look at. He heard her thoughts and let out a light chuckle. He heard Hades thoughts as well. With the snap of his fingers he was dressed.
“Better now.”
Yes.
“Come and let us take a walk around your kingdom and tell me what is wrong…..No worries Hades I’ll bring her back. There will be no need to have a tantrum.”
Mutt. Radien let out a low warning growl at Hades.
“My love be careful.” Hades replied from his throne. He wanted to take the beast heads off but thought better of it.
“Yes think before you act God, wouldn’t want your love to be sad now would you…Now come Pes, we have much to discuss and little time to do it.” He led her toward the double doors of the room.
“He will not hurt me Hades…Right Radien.” She said as she glanced back at her husband. Radien shook his head yes and led Persephone through the open doors.
“I will be fine Hades.” Persephone said as the doors closed.
“Do not worry Pes, I will help you. Not for your God, but I have an old score to settle with this devil but I will hunt for him. I will not sit down and act like a pet for Hades and guard his gate.” He looked down at her as they walked away from the castle. She was beautiful as ever to him. It had been a long time since he last seen her, far too long if you ask him.
“Very well, I understand. But how will you hunt him. When neither me nor Hades can find him.”

“You are not me and your powers are not enough. Even though I am impressed with the fact that Hades had the power to summon me. I wonder how he got to Bion in the first place. Not to mention that the blood from his pet and himself must have been strong.”
“Yes, well the more the body part is used the stronger the blood.” Persephone blushed.

“Oh that is disgusting Pes. You summoned me with penis blood.” Oh hell no. Radien had to fight the urge to vomit.
“It is the most used place.”
“Bad mental image.” Radien and Persephone laughed as they walked through the underworld. Radien felt a tingle go down his spine. Hummm it seems the devil is on his way here, this should be fun. Radien thought as they walked back towards Hades castle.

Comments

Popular Posts