Writing Update and Risky Roxxy The Goblin, Episode 4

It's Throwback Thursday and I am a day late with the new episode of Risky Roxxy.

No worries, I'm here now. 😊

I hope everyone had a good week so far, mine was better than last week so I am happy about that. I've also managed to get some writing done on Serephim's Lament. Less than 5,000 words remain and then the first read through (excitement). Honestly, I am enjoying the way this story is developing and I look forward to releasing the full length novel for it in December 2020.

Speaking of releases, I've been planning my schedule for next year. I'm sure I've already mentioned DarKnight 2 for next year (hopefully the summer). But, I'm also planning on releasing the following for 2020:

March 2020, Serephim's Lament: A Novella

Late Spring/ Early Summer: Risky Roxxy's Adventures in Dating (this will be a full length novel, that will go into my depth and tie the world together better. So if you are a fan of the web episodes, then be on the look out for that)

Summer/Early Fall: DarKnight: Dawn of the Red Sun (fingers crossed with that one)

Winter: Serephim's Lament (A Novel)

First release for 2021: Eternal Dreams: A Hound Series Novel

So that's my current schedule and I hoping to get it done and stay on track. Of course, in the midst of all of that I am doing my crafts, Not only that, but there are a few other things I'm looking in to doing for next year, like a coloring book and possibly starting on a comic or something like that. But, like I said these are ideas I'm just starting to look into...

Alright, now that my update is done let's get to the good stuff. (hands the keys over to Roxxy)

Take it away Roxxy...

The Goblin part 4

The closer we got to the town of Carnival the more concerned about Emma I became. She'd gone eerily quiet. Several times I tried to get her to open up to me as we rode out horse through the dense forest that surrounded the town. But she'd only brush me off with a whispered, "I'm fine." By the time dusk had settled, and the sun's light had begun to recede, I'd given up on getting her to speak to me.

Sighing, I stared out ahead of us. Our horses had been trekking the gravel trail for the last several hours, yet with the way the trail stretched and disappeared into the forest, it looked like we were we started.

"Roxy," Emma suddenly called to me in a soft voice.

Turning my head, I asked once again, "what's wrong?"

At first I thought my little goblin had lost the courage she'd gathered and decided to retreat back into her world of isolation.

She didn't. Instead, she murmured, "I'm scared." and then in a louder voice said, "I'm scared to go back there."

Eyeing her, I noted the way tension coiled in her body. Her small hands gripped the reins of her sable mare so tight her knuckles turned white. Wanting to offer what little comfort I could I guided my horse next to her and touched her trembling shoulder.

In the fading light of day I could see the glistening of tears in her eyes.

"Sweetheart," I said in a soft tone that I seemed to have developed solely when I spoke to Emma, "talk to me. What's wrong? What are you scared of?"

Her trembling intensified and I scowled, a feeling of unease and unwarranted anger began to sweep through me.

"My father," she started to speak when her voice cracked. Hard sobs racked her tiny body.

"How about we stop here for a second?" as I spoke I grabbed the reins of her mare and brought both our horses to a stop. In heavy silence, that Emma quickly filled with her sobs, I unmounted my horse and then helped Emma off hers.

Slender arms and legs wrapped around my neck and waist as I carried her to the nearest patch of grass I could find. Sitting down, I cradled Emma in my lap as she buried her head in the crook of my neck. The heat from her tears burned, not my skin, but my soul. What could I do for her? How did I heal her pain when she wouldn't tell me what was wrong?

I had no idea. All I could do was sit and hold her until she calmed down.

By the time Emma had quieted down the sun had set and the moon's light shinned through the top of the trees. Stroking her hair, I stared up at the sky. Peace seemed to surround us, yet I could feel something dark seeping in. And the closer we got to Carnival the more intense the feeling.

"My father," Emma suddenly said as she lifted her head off my shoulder. Puffy red eyes focused on me and I couldn't help but take my thumb and wipe away the last of her tears as she spoke. "I haven't seen him in so long... he doesn't know what happened to us, and..." Her voice cracked.

Seeing her dark gaze once again gloss over with oncoming tears, I decided to let the issue go for the moment. Once we reached Carnival then I would deal with Emma and her father.

"Don't worry about it." I told her. Giving a soft smile, I said, "I'll be with you. I won't let anything happen you. Okay?"

Emma nodded.

"Alright, how about we get out of here." As I spoke Emma crawled out of my lap and got to her feet. Following her, I stood up, dusted off my clothes before grabbing her hand and leading her back to our horses.

"The town is just ahead." I said.

Emma remained quiet as I helped her onto her mare.

I didn't say anything as I mounted my horse. Grabbing both our reigns, I tapped my horses sides. The large creature neighed and then we were moving, making our way deeper into the forest. We rode for another twenty minutes. That heavy silence following us the entire way, until I noticed a soft glow of light ahead of us.

Finally, I thought as the town came into view.

It was my first glimpse at the traveling town. True to its name it resembled a carnival, just without all the bright colors.We entered the town limit in the next few minutes and were surrounded by small tents.

All empty.

Odd. I was sure the moment we entered the town we would have run in to some guards or at least another goblin. Night was after all their most active time. Unease coursed through me as we made our way to a large tent at the center of town.

Emma was still silent.

I stopped the horses a good distance away from the entrance of the tent and climb down.

"Stay here." I told Emma as I began to make my way towards the tent.

She didn't listen and it wasn't like I really expected her to. I heard the patter of her feet behind me and paused for her to catch up to me. Once she reached my side, I took her hand and took a step forward. As we reached the front of the tent, the flap opened of its own accord and a large shadowed figure filled the space of the entrance.

Next to me, Emma's breath caught as a single word escaped her, "father."

-TO BE CONTINUED-

And that's it for today folks!

Are you eager to find out who Emma's father is? What he's like?

Well stay turned for next weeks episode where you meet The Goblin.

Comments

Popular Posts