Update and Review: A Mermaid's Ransom by Joey W. Hill

     Hey bloggers whats going on? I hope you guys are doing better than I am at this moment. To be honest I don't really know why I am been feeling down lately. It must be this damn office I work at. Its dark and negative energy is slowly draining me. Like right now I am stuck in this place...oh well what can I do but be here. At least I am making some money. But anyway lets get on with the updates. Lets see where do I start.... well I still haven't started that synopsis yet for Radien's story, though to be honest I'm not sure I want to publish his book yet. That most likely why I haven't started his synopsis. It seems to me that I have let everyone read Radien's story just to see what they would say but I don't think i really ever intended for his to be the first novel I attempted to get published. I think the one I really want to get published is Alexios's story which is a story that no one has ever read. And I intend to keep it that way until I am done. I don't want anyone's opinion interfering with my view of the story because though Eternal Light is entirely my story I took other people's advice and put it into play into some parts of the story. So in the end I might end up rewriting his entire story and it might even have a different ending. In a way I feel as if the "completed" story I have now is just really the skeleton for the real story and that true story that's creating it's self some where in the outer realm of my mind where there is no stress, no job, no men, no friends, just me and what I love to do, is writing itself and once I am truly ready to tell the Hound's story then it will be told. That's probably why Adien's book isn't getting written and really hasn't been written or changed in over a year or so. What I feel is that Alexios's story is the one that is going to start it all and that by the time I get to the Hounds they will take readers on an epic journey that they will never forget. That's not to say Aelxios's story is not going to do that same, because it is. This is my favorite story I've ever written and be the time I am done with it, it will be more than I thought it would be. This is my gift, my talent, it revolves around the art of writing and I must submerge myself in it to reach my full potential. I have been away from it for too long and I can feel it weighing down on me telling me I must return. And so I will and I will make the world see what I already know. I intend to take you all on a journey through my mind and show you all the different worlds and creations that live within my heart and soul. Whether it is a supernatural/paranormal romance or a play or a poem that questions our way of thinking. Today to many people have become lax and completely unoriginal. Creativity is wasted on those who cannot comprehend its full magnitude nor create beauty out of the uglist word or picture. It's wasted on copy-cats that the mainstream deem as original when they are not...Look at that I've went off on a tangent, a rant and rave that is probably still building up inside of me. But anyway back to the point...I'm still working on Alexios's story and Radien's story.

Sooooo now we go on to the review....so lets go

Review: A Mermaid's Ransom by Joey W. Hill

Ok so it took me a while to actually pick this book up and start reading it but once I did I was not able to put it down and by the time I finished I wanted to go out and buy the first two books in the series. The characters Dante and Alexis were very well developed. The plot progression was good though at one point in the book it felt like it was at a stand still. There was a lot and I mean a lot of sex in this book, so like I have said before if you are not into graphic love scenes you might be offended and think the book is raunchy. The sex scenes amused me after a while because they reminded me of horny rabbits. But then again if my man looked like Dante then I guess we would be at it like rabbits to. Though to be honest one of my favorite characters was David, who is Alexis Uncle. He was the ever steady calm in the book. And it also seems that this book intertwines with Hill's Vampire Queen series, which has me thinking that maybe I should read this series too and not care that it is in first person. Though most of the book was good there were parts where it became slow and lagging. Even though I liked the sex scenes they became a little much after while and interfering with the plot of the story. Then it seemed that all that was between them was the sex but soon the characters recovered and showed that there was more between them than hot sex. Dante and Alexis are two characters that even by the end of the story hadn't full dealt with their issues but they were working towards it. Which makes sense Dante doesn't know anything about love or being happy it would take either a much longer book or multiple books for him to begin to understand or comprehend what love is. Alexis has her own issues with establishing herself as a competent woman/mermaid/angel and by the end of the book she had begun to separate from her parents and become her own women. So needless to say these characters may have come a long way in their book but they still have a long way to go. Which is a good thing in my opinion because it shows real life time.

However I wonder if Hill plans on writing another book after this one that focuses on Clare and the wounded Angel that began to show attraction to each other in the book. Now that is a book I want to read because I want to know more about Clare. So with that being said this review is over. I know it is kind of short but I don't want to give away any spoilers.

Rating: 3/5


Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes, depending on who the friend is

Comments

Popular Posts