Update and Review: The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Akin

Hey fellow bloggers what is going on? Hope everyone is getting ready to enjoy a great 4th of July weekend. I am actually going to an open mic event in the city tomorrow night (if everything goes right and I hope it will). Like always I am suffering from that good friend of mine, writer's block. So you know what that means working on these three books has been a very slow process. I want to blame it on work and the fact that I have been seriously annoyed lately but I should take some time out and get myself together. But anyway let me update you anyway on what's been going on. First off I finally decided to post Eternal Light up for everyone to read on this website called Writer's Cafe. So far the people that have read it really like it and it makes me extremely happy that they do. It took a lot of time and work for me to write Radien's story so to have people really liking it is great. So now that has motivated me to pick up working on Eternal Earth and make Adien talk to me. I am tired of him being quiet and leaving me out to dry when people want to read his story. As for the Faye princess that is coming along slowly. I am almost done with the book, another 10 or 15 chapters to go before I am done and so far I love this book. I just want this writers block to go away so I can get back to writing because there is nothing like the flow of creativity that I get when the block goes away. The other story SnowWolf is also going a little slow because to be honest I have no idea where I was really going with that story all I knew was that it was about two brother's battle for the pack and the woman that caused all the drama everything else comes as I write. People really like SnowWolf too so I hope I am able to keep their attention. So that is what I have been up to besides working so now we can move on to the review....

REVIEW: The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Akin

Ok this review like the others I have done recently is going to be pretty short because I don't want to give away any spoilers. So lets begin shall we. First off the main characters, Viglof and Rhonda are awesome characters. Though to be honest there wasn't a lot of character development for either of these characters in the book. Neither the less this book was great and I couldn't put it down. As I continued to read I became more and more entangled in the world (like I wasn't before). What Akin does a great job of is having time pass by and the sequences of the war continue so that the reader always has this sense of urgency just like the characters. The chemistry between Vigolf and Rhonda was steamy and passionate as with all the other characters in the book. These two and their antics, Vigolf following Rhonda around claiming to be protecting her proved to be highly entertaining as I pictured this tall, manly man following around his woman with puppy dog eyes (something Vigolf is not). I also liked how Akin remembered the other characters within the book and how their stories continue through the book right along with the two main characters. This was another great addition to the series and I look forward to the next one.

Rating: 4.5/5


Would I recommend this book to a friend? Yes, I definitely would 


Comments

Popular Posts