Comeback, Update, and New Reviews!!!

Chello followers and fellow bloggers,

How has everyone been doing?

It has been quite some time since I last posted (sorry about that). Honestly, I've been struggling with emotions and life issues. Some might say I have a mild case of depression on top of anxiety (shrugs, what can you do). Anyway, I'm back now and am going to try and post at least once a month (cross fingers). I am working hard on better marketing myself and my books, but with me being who I am it is often harder than I thought it would be. With that being said, let's move on to some happy topics.
As some may or may not know, I had to put down Bear, my shiba inu, this year (kidney failure and all that). I had him for 11yrs and honestly, while he annoyed me and worked on my last good nerve, I couldn't imagine a life without him... now, I'm living it. Although I put him down around April/May this year, it still hurts (tearing up a little writing this). Like I said, I couldn't imagine a life without him and yet, here I am, living a life without him by my side. (I know I said on to happier topics right, it's coming it's coming) For a few months, after I manged to stop crying every time I looked at his cage, I debated about getting another dog. After all I liked it with just me and Crimson (my girl shiba). She is trained and gives me hardly any problems. Yet, for some reason I couldn't stay away from the pet shop or from looking at pictures online. So you can eventually guess what happened and where this story is going... yup, I ended up buying a puppy. He is a feisty grey and black Pomeranian. He is the cutest thing. One look at him and I knew he was coming with me, especially if I got them to come off that hefty price tag for him (which the pet shop did). Needless to say, I have a new addition to my family. To be honest, purchasing him stressed me out to the max (needlessly, I might add) but now i think both me and Crimson have accepted the little guy into our pack. (pics below)




I also just came back from Vegas and seeing the Backstreet Boys live. The show was amazing, that's all I can say about it. Seeing them in person has been a childhood dream of mine for the longest. I just wish I paid for that meet and greet so I could have met them. But, they are going on tour soon so I am sure I will have another chance. This concert will make the 4th concert I've been to this year. First was Kendrick Lamar's concert (which was awesome, but I didn't realize Kendrick was so short), next was Chris Brown's Heartbreak on a Full Moon Concert (I love Chris), and then was a pop radio concert where it was a host of acts from Charlie Ruth, to Ne-Yo, to Pitbull, but I really went to see the special guest, The Backstreet Boys. Watching them perform there was what motivated me to take a trip to Vegas to see them at the Zappos theater. After last year, quitting my old job and then dealing with the house fire and grandma's declining mental health, I decided that I wanted more out of my life. I wanted to do all the things I wanted but was too afraid to do. Which is why I went on more trip, did more signings, met new people. I am afraid of living a life of regret and what ifs. I don't want to wonder years down the line what would have happened if I had taken that risk or that chance. So here I am writing and trying to live my best life while trying not to stress over every little thing.

Next, in preparation for my upcoming trip to Ireland, I finallllllyyyy put in for my passport. I've been hearing some concerning rumors around this convention and several author friends of mine have pulled out already. I hope that's not the case because I would love to sign in Dublin and met international readers (that would be amazing) but we will see. I also heard that people were having a hard time receiving their refunds. Like I said what I've heard is a little concerning. But on the other hand, if unfortunately things go south with this trip, I still plan on leaving the country next year and seeing what is beyond the USA and beyond my small world of NYC.

Lastly for my update, let's get to the juicy stuff.... (drum roll please.....) Eternal Fire!! Yay!!  (claps). Eternal Fire is coming alone quite well now that I figured out a major plot hole. But, I will admit that this story has been the most difficult for me to write. And not just because I'm a slow writer but because I am forcing myself to push past my limits and focus my attention on one book at a time. It's kind of working. What I will say is that Jaden and Aaron's story is taking some twist and turns that I didn't plan for and changing some of the story-line and I have to make sure everything connects. I know that when I finish this story I will need to revise the beginning so it all flows. Until then, I am enjoying my characters suffering (evil laugh) and you will be excited to see who's book is next. But for now I am going to keep that a secret. 

Now, I know I said I would post some reviews but this blog post has gotten long and giving a review of the four books I've currently read would make it entirely too long. With that being said I am going to post my reviews on a separate blog post (cyber waves and says "follow me").

Comments

Popular Posts