FLASH FICTION WEDNESDAY with RISKY ROXXY in THE ADVENTURES OF DATING A GHOUL, GOBLIN, VAMPIRE and... A UNICORN?

Happy Hump Day!

Evening everyone, Layla here. I hope everyone is having a productive and positive week so far. I know I've been having an interesting few days, to say the least, dealing with power outages thanks to the heatwave and then the severe thunderstorms. Thankfully, it seems that all that is behind us now. Which means we can get to the good stuff.

A few days ago I posted on my FB page that I would be starting my flash fiction this Wednesday and guess what day it is today? That's right you guessed it Wednesday!!!

Now, before I give the reins over to Roxanne aka Risky Roxxy, I just want to point out a few things for flash fiction Wednesday (I'll work on a better name for Wednesday). For one, these stories are meant to be for entertainment to help relieve some pressure from my main writing. Therefore, a lot of these stories will be written on the spot and unedited. Second, this is a serialization so each new story will pick up where the last one left off. And lastly, like I said this is for my entertainment and yours. I will update every week so long as life doesn't get in the way.

Now, with that being said I'm going to let Roxxy take over and fill you in on the chaos that is her love life when she is dealing with the supernatural.

Let us begin...

(Layla passes the keyboard to Roxxy)

Risky Roxxy in the Adventures of Dating a Ghoul, Goblin, Vampire and... a Unicorn?


The Ghoul part 1

They say love isn't supposed to hurt. Yeah, okay. That may be the case for those lucky few. However, for someone like me, that is never the case. Especially not when you are dealing with the supernatural. In fact, loving them hurts the most. 

Trust me, I know.

And who am I?

Allow me to introduce myself and my current situation. 

My name is Roxanne Chambers, aka Risky Roxxy. A nickname I received from... well, you will figure it out soon enough. 

What's more important than figuring out a nickname, is the reason as to why I am currently sitting in an overcrowded bar that was hotter than hell's balls and offered the same amount of charm. 

Well thanks to my big mouth and my ever helpful best friend, I am currently waiting for my blind date to show up. 

A glance at my watch and the three empty margarita glasses tells me he is running late. 

A half-hour late to be exact. 

I should probably leave, but I'll give him a few more minutes. Besides, there was nothing waiting for me at home. Just a dark and cold bedroom that hadn't seen the heat of another person's body in...gesh two years? Maybe three?

Shit, I stopped counting after the first year. 

Not that my last relationship was something worth talking about. He'd been a greedy vampire whose only concern was preserving his species or something like that. 

I wonder how he's doing with that anyway?

How about we not go down that route?

Right, my life as a vampier's feeding bag was over and my bitter new life for being stood up had just begun.

Seriously, forty-five minutes late. Talk about rude.

Just who did he think he was? It was time for me to go. 

And I would have, had I not been knocked off my bar stool by some lumbering drunk and forced into the waiting arms of... the moment I looked up at him my brain turned to mush. 

"Roxanne, I presume." When he spoke his voice caused all the little nooks and crannies of my lady parts to tingle. 

Must be from my forced life celibacy. 

It took me a while but somehow I managed to get myself together and out of his arms. 

Straightening my dress, I locked eyes with him and said, "you're late."

He grinned and my first thought was just how long he'd let me sit on his face.

"And you're beautiful." He said as his nostrils flared. For a split second his eyes flashed red. A change most humans wouldn't have been able to detect.

Lucky for me, I wasn't most. 

Great another supernatural. 

"It seems my dinner tonight will be most exquisite." He smiled.

In that moment I knew my barely stable world was about to be thrown into chaos... and that was exactly what I wanted. 


TO BE CONTINUED...



Layla here, I hope you enjoyed this first part and stay tuned for part 2.


Comments

Popular Posts