The Ghoul Finale part 2

The Ghoul Finale Part 2

The moment I reached the top of the dungeon staircase, pushed open the heavy metal door and walked into crumbling and abandoned warehouse, I knew I had gone from the frying pan into the fryer.

It was quiet, too quiet, and I knew instantly we were being hunted from the shadows. A prickling sensation traveled down my spine. I tensed, the hold on my goblin child tightening, as I took a step forward. The door slammed shut behind me and the sound ricocheted through the seemingly empty space.

Where are you? I thought. My gaze jumped around the huge open space, taking in every shadow, fallen beam, and the numerous holes in the floor. The walls were covered with dark splatters that could have only been dried blood. Several long and angry looking scraps covered the walls. From the distance I was I couldn't tell if they'd been made by the ghouls or by their prey as it tried to escape its inevitable fate.

"Sweetheart," I gave the goblin child a gentle shake, rousing her from her brief nap. "Its time to wake up."

Rubbing her eyes she asked me in a low and raspy voice, "where are we?"

"The ghouls' den," I replied under my breath.

The sound of our voices had drawn extra attention from the shadows. They were watching us. Stalking us. Again, my eyes danced around my surroundings. I spotted large steel doors across the room and I almost chuckled.

So simple these ghouls were. Their plan was predictable. With the dungeon door located across from the warehouse's entrance; a scared, frightened and confused person would immediately rush towards the doors. Oblivious to the fact that monsters surrounded them until it was too late and they were caught in the middle of the horde.

Setting my goblin companion on the ground, I grabbed her small hand and crouched down. Her attention instantly focused on me. In those dark pools, I saw fear and doubt but there was also defiance burning inside of her.

Touching the top of her head I said, "I need you to do something for me."

"Okay. What is it?" She asked, but we both knew the answer to that question.

"You see those beams along the ceiling," I said motioning my head upwards.

Her eyes briefly followed my movement and she nodded.

"I need you to use your power to set the ceiling ablaze. Monsters are hiding up there. I need for you to draw them out so I can get rid of them and we can get out of here." I paused and offered a gentle smile. "Can you do that?"

Honestly, I didn't want to push her. As it was, her frail body trembled and the bags under her eyes had grown darker. But I needed her to kill as many ghouls as she could. There were almost a hundred ghouls around us. Hidden, but I could still sense their malicious intent and hunger. If we had any chance of escape we needed to use everything at our disposal.

My little goblin hesitated. Panic consuming her features as I held her gaze.

"There's so many of them." She slowly replied.

Cupping her dirtied cheek, ignoring the way her jawbone poked against my palm, I said, "it's going to be okay. I promise. Once you set them on fire I want you to head back towards the dungeon. Hide behind the door and don't open it until I tell you so. Okay?" I offered what I hoped was a reassuring smile.

She seemed to regard me for several seconds, her eyes searching my face for something.

After a few moments, it seemed she found what she needed and she gave me another head nod.

"Good girl." I gave another pat to her head then rose to my feet. "Wherever you're ready."

Her reply was a meek, "okay", but the power the coursed through the room was anything but weak. Like it had in the dungeon it caused the hairs on my arms and the back of my neck to rise. The room heated as a low chant began to fill my ears. Out the corner of my eye, I saw her raise a trembling arm towards the ceiling.

"Do it," I whispered as my power answered hers. Dark blood lust consumed me and I watched with wicked excitement as she released the powerful stream of fire towards the ceiling. Just as the flames had done to the creature in the dungeon, it devoured everything in its path.

Rapidly the flames spread above them. As they did the screams and howls of pain began. Stepping in front of the small girl, her flames instantly expelled, I told her, "run and don't come out until I tell you to."

I heard her take a step back but she didn't run. She remained behind me, her frightened and nervous energy seeping into my back.

"I sai-" the first ghoul body fell from the ceiling. Engulfed in flames, it hit the ground, hard, and its body instantly turned to ash. Then there was silence. The scream cut off, leaving on the roaring of the flames.

Several minutes of unease passed and then it was raining ghoul bodies. One after another they dropped to the ground. Their bodies instantly turning to ash as they did. Yet, I didn't have time to marvel in the destruction. A loud roar suddenly filled the air, followed by a gust of wind strong enough to force me and my goblin to take several steps back.

Covering her, I protected her as best as I could from the debris the strong gust had thrown in our direction. A piece of steel pipe slammed into my spine and I bit back a groan, thankful that it hadn't impaled or my goblin.

"Roxxy" a low and sinister voice echoed through the room.

Fuck. I cursed and then focused on the wide-eyed goblin child pressed against me.

Gripping her by the shoulders, I ordered her to run and shoved her away from me before turning to face another demon from my past. I heard the light and rapid patter of feet and I said a silent prayer of thanks that she'd listened this time.

One of my problems solved, I focused on the male standing at the other end of the room, him and several of his flunkies blocking the front doors of the warehouse.

"My beautiful, Risky Roxxy," he spoke and I hated the way every word seemed to echo in my bones, both revolting me and tempting me. "It has been a long time since our last meeting. How are you?" his head tilted to the side as one of his minions whispered into his ear. Blue eyes seemed to sparkle in the darkness as he said, "oh is that so?" and then I saw a smile spread across his face, "I see you've been living up to that nickname Valirus gave you."

The mention of my ex's name threatened to send me into a blind fury. His name was something I never wanted to hear again and to make sure the Ghoul King never uttered it again I would make him swallow his tongue.

"Oh? Did I strike a nerve?" his laugh filled the air and I took several steps forward before I knew it. Had it not been from several random ghoul bodies fall from the ceiling I would have crossed the entire distance.

"I am going to kill you and take your other horn as a trophy," I growled through clenched teeth.

Electric energy hummed through me and those dark voices once again returned.

"Is that so." His tone was clipped and it was clear our last run in still left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Good.

"I am going to find much better uses for that pretty mouth of yours."

With that several ghouls came at me. His lackeys from the front and three from the shadows.

They were fast, but I was faster. I managed to dodge swiping claws and my back ended up against a wall. Five hungry ghouls were advancing towards me.

Feed me. A demonic voice growled in my head.

Feel free to feast. I said as I once again gave myself over to the darkness inside of me. This time, however, I didn't have to hold back in fear of scaring or hurting my little goblin.

Eat.  My voice was a low echo in my mind as my hunger consumed me.

It had been so long since I last feasted, the anticipation was killing me. My body began to change as my power poured into me. My top and bottom molars grew until they were fangs protruding out the top and bottom of my mouth. My vision sharpened to a crisp clarity that allowed me to see past the cracks of the front doors of the warehouse into the foggy night.

My shift was a delicious pain that nearly brought me to orgasm as my hands turned into large black nailed claws. My ribs cracked and restructured, stretching out my torso.

"What the fuc-" a bony tail erupted from my back and struck the talking ghoul in the chest. Its arrowhead tip pierced his heart and I shivered. My tail as sensitive as the rest of my body, I felt the warmth of his blood as it slowly traveled down my tail in thick rivulets. With his look of horror captured in my memory, I snatched my tail free of his body. Blood splattered everywhere, across the floor, wall, the ghouls and my face.

Feed... The voice echoed over and over.

Mad with my hunger I brought the tip of my tail to my mouth and took a bite of the still-beating heart sitting on it. Fresh blood filled my mouth and flooded my throat. Decadence filled me and a took another bite and then another until there was nothing left. Swallowing the last piece of the thick organ I let out a low purr.

"Kill her." I heard one of the ghouls cry out and they moved on me, charging all at once.

"Stupid," my voice was more monster than I'd ever heard it as my tail whipped through the air. The King's lackeys managed to jump back in time, the other two ghouls, however, weren't as lucky. One lost its head. As its severed head sailed through the air towards his King's feet, the other found his stomach torn open and his entrails on display for his ruler and comrades.

Turning my attention towards the two remaining ghouls, I crocked a black nail at them. Taunting, daring them to attack when they knew they wouldn't win. With a snarl and rage in their gazes they came at me, this time more coordinated. Breaking up, one came at me from behind while the other disappeared from my line of sight. While I couldn't see him, I could smell him. The scent of their blood-filled my nose, pushing me deeper into my frenzy.

I stepped forward to meet the charging ghoul, wanting to feel the warmth of his blood on the tips of my claws...

One of my feet fell through a rotten section of the floor, dropping me to one knee as my leg was swallowed by the hole.

"Stupid," the ghoul rushing towards me snarled and I saw the gleam of a blade emerge from behind his back, "bit-"

My tail shot from around me and straight through his mouth. Death was instant for the ghoul. I snapped my tail and tossed his body in the direction of his King, who continued to watch with dark amusement as I slaughtered his creatures.

"Don't tell me you've become-" pain exploded in my chest.

With a monstrous howl escaping me, my gaze went to the piece of steel pipe sticking out of my chest. I coughed, the metallic taste of my blood filling my through as my vision dimmed. Turning my head I found the last of the King's ghouls standing behind me, holding the body of the pipe. That satisfaction plastered across his face pissed me off and I wanted nothing more than to rip the flesh from his face, but my strength was quickly vanishing.

"Abomination," he growled as he shoved the pipe deeper into me.

Another howl ripped from me and then I felt the hard surface of the ground an instant before it caved in and I fell into the pits underneath the warehouse. I hit another layer of hard surface and my breath left me as my body went limp...

-STAY TUNED FOR THE GHOUL FINALE PART 3-

Ok, so I know I said this was going to happen in two parts, however, part 2 was becoming too long and I don't want to completely rush the next part so I decided to add a part 3 to wrap it up to my satisfaction. So please stay tuned for the next and (seriously) final part of the Ghoul.


Comments

Popular Posts