The Ghoul Finale Part 3

The Ghoul Finale Part 3

Feed me...

Feed me... feed me.

Feedmefeedmefeedmefeedme...

Over and over my hunger demanded. It refused to let me rest now that it was free from its prison. Add to that I had a gaping hole in my chest and I was at its mercy.

Thankfully, the ghoul's aim had been off and he'd missed my heart. Just barely, but still, he missed it.

Starvation fueling me, I began to drag myself from the depths of the darkness. My nails dug into the Earth as I pulled myself upwards, the small glimpse of light from the opening of the hole above me. Each time I hoisted myself up another foot, more pain slammed into me.

I didn't like being hungry, but, I sure as shit didn't enjoy suffering.

They're going to pay. I thought darkly as I reached the hole's opening.

Gripping the edge, I paused. Hidden by the darkness lurking underneath the opening. I listened to the ghoul as he celebrated its mock victory. The King remained silent. No doubt fully aware that I was alive.

So then why wasn't he warning his ghoul? Or call for the reinforcements I knew he had scattered around the warehouse. It was all suspicious and later I would dwell a little more on it but for now, I needed to feed the monster inside of me.

Pulling myself back onto the main floor, I was greeted by the ghoul's shocked expression, while his king continued to observe me with an uncomfortable intensity.

"You," I growled, "missed." I staggered my way to my feet. My breaths were heavy and strained as I struggled to drag air into my lungs.

Rage burned in the ghoul's eyes as he pulled a wicked looking blade from his boot. "It won't happen again."

He came at me. His surprised fury making him clumsier and much more reckless.

It would be his downfall.

He managed to dodge my tail, but he couldn't stop my claws. Once I'd drawn him close enough I snatched him up in my claw. His scream of pain was music to my ears as the tips of mt nails dug into his back.

"You lose," I growled and then squeezed.

Crack!

His spine snapped easier than a twig and he went limp in my hand. Not quite dead, but nearly there.

Feed me...

Starving...

My tongue ran along my fangs and saliva filled my mouth. With my heart beating painfully in my chest I opened my mouth wide. My gaze locking on the Ghoul King, I brought my next meal to my mouth. Without taking my eyes of the Ghoul King, I bit off the ghoul's head. Chewed it, skull and other tasty bits crushed in my bite, before swallowing. New power began to surge inside of me, but... it wasn't enough.

More... 

I needed more. This hunger wouldn't leave me until it had its fill.

Eyeing the King, who still watched me, I took another bite, and then another, and another... and another, until there was nothing remaining of the ghoul, expect the drops of blood on the ground.

Yes. The voice growled gleefully as the hole in my chest began to close. Rising to my full height, relished the last bit of blood to flow down my throat and the power it granted me before stalking towards the King.

"Midus," the dark voice seemed to seep out of me, "you owe me a dance," I tapped one of my claws against my leg. "You owe me several dances."

With a smirk on his face, he said, "Do I?" His gaze went behind me. "Haven't you danced enough? First with Manny and then my guard?"

"Don't" I roared, my anger spilling over as I stomped my foot, cracking the ground beneath me. "Play with me. What are you up to?"

Those blue eyes of his once again regarded me with interest before narrowing with deadly intent. "I'll be seeing you, Roxxy."  With that he dismissed me, turning his back on me as if I was nothing. As if I was...beneath him.

Anger once again radiating through me, I lunged at him. Only to be met with a swift kick to the midsection that sent me back across the room. I hit the dungeon door and instantly changed back to normal. Before I could hit the floor, there was a firm grip wrapped around my throat. My hands clawed at Midus's hand, I kicked at him but he remained unfazed.

"You're weak," he snarled at me. Disgust in his tone as those icy blue eye drilled into my soul. "You're years of not feeding has made me a shell of yourself."

The more he spoke the less air I dragged into my shriveling longs. It wasn't long before my struggles stopped and I dangled in his grasp.

"I can kill you so easily right now, but where would the fun be in that." He released me.

I hit the ground like a ton of bricks.

Vision hazy I could only make out Midus's bulky form and the shine of those intense blue stare as he spoke.

"I have no interest in you if this is all you have." He crouched down in front of me and I felt the heat of his hand as he pushed my hair back. "We want our beautiful and beastly hunter back. The one that caused us to risk our lives to put an end to you. We want the true Risky Roxxy." He dropped his hand. Rising to his feet he gave me his back once again, "once you're back to your old self come and find me. You and the goblin child. I'll be waiting." He started to walk off and the paused. Casting a glance over his shoulder, he said, "don't keep me waiting long." And then he was gone and so was his ghoul army.

Making a sound that was a combination of a groan and a gasp for breath I pushed myself upright. There wasn't a piece of my body that wasn't in pain and it was only going to get worse as time went on.

"Fuck me," I hoarsely whispered as I used the dungeon door behind me to get to my unsteady feet.

"Roxxy" a soft voice called from behind the door. "Are you okay? Can I come out now?"

Swallowing, I replied, "yes," and stumbled back as the door opened.

My ass hit the ground and another pained groan escaped me.

"Roxxy!" the girl shouted in concern and then she was rushing towards me. "Are you okay?"

Hell no. I thought, but said, "I will be. Let's get out of here."

My goblin regarding me.

I watched her watch me and Midus's words echoed in my head. Once again I found myself wondering who this little girl was and what she meant to me. Because if I knew one thing about this world, was that nothing was by chance.

"I'll help you up." She said and she grabbed one of my arms. Putting it over her shoulders, she helped me to my feet.

"Thank you," I slipped my arm free. While I contemplated how far I could get in my weakened state, there was no way I could let her support my weight. Not when she had enough trouble keeping herself up. "What's your name sweetie?"

Giving me another one of those cracked lipped smiles, she responded, "Emma, Emma Starlock."

Hum, Starlock? Why did that sound so familiar?

Returning her smile, I said, "Well Emma, I'm Roxanne. Pleasure." I extended a bloodied hand.

That crack lipped smile widened so much I could see one of her missing back teeth as she excitedly took my hand, unfazed by the blood, "nice to meet you, Roxanne."

Taking her hand in mine, I said, "how about we get out of this shit hole."

"Okay!"

-FIN-

And my loves, that wraps up the Ghoul. (phew, that last part got kinda intense and bloody didn't it. LOL)

I'll be back next week with the start of the Goblin. I'm attending Penned Con this week so I won't be able to post a new episode this Wednesday.

So until next time...

Layla


Comments

Popular Posts