I'M BACK!!!!

 Hey, hey, hey everyone!

It's been almost a year since my last post. 

The last year for my has been crazy, to say the least. With my grandmother getting sicker and other personal matters building up I had to take a break on updating and writing in general. Things became even harder around mid-August when my grandmother passed. Not only was I dealing with (and still am) grief I've never felt before, but I barely had time to process everything before I was house hunting and starting a new job. And then once I move what happens? I break my ankle, smh.

No worries though!

I'm back and getting myself together. I haven't been completely MIA from the writing scene. I have a story that is part of a Grimm Fairytale retelling. Crimson Noir is my story and it's a retelling of, The  Old Woman in the Woods. Of course, I could have picked the familiar stories to retell but  I decided against it. For one, I already have a Beauty and the Beast retelling and am working on several more retellings. Also, since I'm in an anthology with other amazing author's I wanted to be different and pick a story the most people might not be familiar with. Anyway, here is the link to the anthology on Amazon. Hurry and get your copy! Because once it's gone it's gone for good. Here is the blurb for the story:

Crimson Noir blurb: 

The Mighty Have Fallen

Vincent Labarge was once the most covetous mage. His quest for power lured him to the blackest of magic— blood magic. Intoxicated by forbidden power, Vincent was driven mad with bloodlust. He was unstoppable until he crossed the one witch he shouldn’t have. Captured and at the mercy of his enemy and she has no intention of granting him mercy.

Fate Is Shaped by The Unexpected

All Malaysia Watts wanted was a peaceful work trip, but, instead, she’s found herself hunted by unseen forces. Guided by a possessed wolf who is able to shapeshift into a living god, Malaysia searches for a way home. Yet, as the days pass, she is confronted with her growing desire for the man inside the beast.

Desire is in the blood…

Malaysia has awakened a long-forgotten hunger inside of Vincent and he yearns for a taste.


And since I'm in such a good mood and glad to be back, how about a sneaky peek of the story:

Excerpt (from some part of the story lol)

I… don’t…

The first of many tears fell from her eyes.

… want to die here.

Even so. Her body screamed in pain, telling Malaysia it didn’t matter what she wanted. Cold numbness crept up her body. The feeling steadily left the lower half of her body. For a second her consciousness faded, and sweet oblivion embraced her. Then, the pain in her head exploded, and her consciousness slammed back into her, creating a barrage of spots darker than the night in her vision that multiped at an alarming rate.

“Please.” Malaysia’s plea was weak. “I don’t wan—”

Movement from nearby bushes gained her attention. Terror swelled inside her. The thought that she’d been found had a shrill scream of horror swelling inside of her. Immobile and barely conscious, there was nothing she could do to save herself.

Please… anyone…someone…

Malaysia’s gaze remained fixed on the bushes. The scraping rustle of the leaves grew louder, matching the pounding of her heart. She didn’t blink. Her breath caught. The tension rose inside her as a pair of glowing yellow eyes emerged from the darkness.

It’s not them… Relief washed over Malaysia, and her body once again went slack against the tree. It’s… not them.

She’d rather be eaten by a rabid animal than beaten and gutted like a pig. Gathering what little strength she had, Malaysia raised her arm and weakly motioned for the creature to come forward, saying, “Come. Before they find me, put me out of my misery.”

The large animal moved from the shadows of the trees.

What… a large wolf.

It looked hungry. Its sharp gaze locked on her as it stalked towards her with a predatory gait that sent a shiver down Malaysia’s spine.

If I’d known this was how things would turn out, I would have…

Malaysia’s thoughts trailed off as the last of her energy faded and her arm dropped to her side. With her vision gradually dimming, Malaysia’s gaze never left the wolf’s, and for a moment she thought there was a flicker of human emotion in its golden eyes. A bitter and sad sound escaped her as the creature bared its fangs. Its sharp teeth gleamed in the darkness, and the last thought Malaysia had was of the beast’s canines tearing into her flesh. The quick pain she would suffer before she slipped back into the abyss.

***

(lol, my characters are always slipping, falling, or growing in some abyss. Poor babies) Alright, that's all for this post. I'll be back later this week with the next episode of Risky Roxy (excited squeal!) Until then be sure to reread the first parts and refresh your memories. 

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Erotic-Fairytales-Brothers-AnnaMarie-Gardner-ebook/dp/B08P4F9Y16/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=layla+omorose&qid=1624929010&sr=8-3


Until next time :)

Comments

Popular Posts