Annnnddd we're back! New Episode of Risky Roxxy

Happy Hump Day!

I hope everyone has had a great week and an awesome Halloween weekend.

It's Wednesday! and I'm back with a new episode of Risky Roxxy.

So let's jump into it and catch up with Roxxy and Arys.

Enjoy 🤭

The Goblin Part 7

We walked in silence for a long time, making our way through Carnival until we reached a rocky trail that led down a hidden hill.

"It's down here," Ayres said, his voice as grave as the expression on his face as I looked at him.

"What's down there?" I asked, standing beside him.

He looked at me with a haunted gaze, "the remains of the children." with that Ayres stepped forward.

Unable to respond I followed behind him. Dread building inside of me as we walked the path. The silence between us was heavy, filled with unspoken worries and secrets that only the shadows knew. In no time we reached a rusted iron gate. Beyond its decaying bars was a graveyard.

"There is a crumbling Mausoleum at the back of this cemetery. That is where the remains were first discovered." Ayres said.

Remaining silence, I watched as he pulled open the gate. The screeching sound created from the movement of its rusted joints grated against my eardrums. I ground my teeth together as I slapped my hands over my ears to dull the sound. A successful effort, as the noise went from pure agony to a dull ache in my mind.

Once Ayres had opened the gate wide enough for the both of us to walk through, he turned to me with a curious expression on his face.

Lowering my hands from my ears, I asked, "what?"

"Nothing," he responded even though it looked like he still had something on his mind. Before I could question him farther, he turned and walked into the cemetery.

I watched him walk away. Frustration building inside of me as I tried to figure out what he was thinking.

"You know," I called as I followed behind him. "If you want my help you're going to have to work with me."

Ayres stopped so suddenly I walked into the back of him, again.

"I've said this once and I'll say it again," he began, his tone a cold as the icy look he gave me from over his shoulder, "Your help is not wanted."

Again with those hurtful words. Here I was, in this abandoned town, not only reuniting him with his lost daughter, that he didn't even know was missing. But I was offering my help to solve his problems. He could show a little more gratitude.

My anger must have shown on my face, given the way his gaze narrowed on me. I narrowed mine right back at him. Ayres maybe has been twice my size, and impressively powerful, I'd be damned if I continued to let him treat me like some common trash.

"Fuck you." The angry curse flew from my mouth before I could stop it. But I wouldn't apologize for it. I was pissed the same as he was. "I don't know what your issue is with me, nor do I care. I'm here because clearly my help is needed. If it wasn't you would have been able to solve this case a long time ago." I closed the small distance between us as he turned to face me.

I could feel his anger radiating off him in waves, that power of his once again beginning to distort the air around us.

"You're trying my patience, Roxxy," he said my name as if it was some kind of curse, which only pissed me off even more.

Fighting is doing us no good. Some, sane, rational part of my mind said and it was right. There were more important issues to deal with than my ego.

I once again faced off with Ayres, this time I could see, just underneath all that rage and anger, was despair. A sense of failure that called to me and instantly snuffed out the fire burning inside of me. Taking several deep breaths, I stepped away from the Goblin.

In a much calmer tone of voice, I said, "this is getting us nowhere. There are still children missing and the more time we spend senselessly arguing the less likely it is we will find them alive."

Ayres seemed to contemplate what I said and agreed. He let out a ragged breath, saying "you're right." he turned from me, "the Masoluom is just up ahead." He started walking again.

Resuming our journey, I asked, "when was the first child taken?"

"Angelica," he started just as a large stone structure appeared ahead of us, "went missing several weeks ago. She'd been gathering water from nearby late for her mother's bath. When she didn't return that night we searched for her. After a week and turning up with nothing, we assumed the worst and with no leads our efforts dwindled. But, it wasn't long before another child went missing. A boy this time." He paused as he reached the mausoleum.

Coming to stand beside Ayres, I looked at the stone construction before us. Time hadn't been nice to the mausoleum. Its foundation was crumbling away, its walls were filled with destructive holes. The door that was supposed to keep the mausoleum's occupant protected laid off to the side.

"To keep Emma safe I sent her away with her mother." he suddenly said. "She was supposed to be taking Emma to a neighboring town, where the leader is a friend of mine." As sudden as he started talking Ayres fell silent.

I touched his shoulder, offering what comfort I could. "We will make the monster responsible for this pay. It will wish for death by the time we are done with it."

That silver/grey gaze of his seemed to regard me with an emotion other than annoyance and when he offered a smirk my heart did that annoying flutter thing.

"Nothing's impossible for you is it Ms. Roxxy,"

Offering a smile of my own, I responded, "of course, I am Riky Roxxy after all."

His smirk turned into a full-blown smile that showed dimples.

There was more of that heart fluttering.

"You are an interesting one." He mused, then his face turned serious."I found Angelica's body, well what was left of it next to one of the unmarked graves. I didn't want her mother to find her, well you'll see." He walked into the mausoleum and I followed.

Ayres walked up to the tomb at the center of the mausoleum.

I stood on the opposite side and looked down. I thought I'd see a decaying structure, similar to the outside of the mausoleum. Instead, I was greeted to a perfectly preserved tomb.

My gaze snapped to Ayres, "you replaced the tomb?"

With a look of raw agony on his face, he mumbled, "I had to." with that, he removed the top of the tomb and eased it to the ground.

"I couldn't let anyone see this."

I barely heard him as I looked into the tomb.

Revolution filled me, mixing with my rage. Uncontrollable emotions warred inside of me, threatening to turn me into a different type of creature.

In a voice that did sound quite like my own, I whispered, "monster."

-TO BE CONTINUED-

Stay tuned for next week's episode.



Comments

Popular Posts