Happy New Year's Eve and Happy New Year!!

2020 is only a few hours away! 

It's hard to believe that this year went by so fast and that it is the end of a decade. Honestly, this is the first decade that I can look back on and reflect. Over these last 10 years there were so many changes in my life that I can't begin to remember them all. I lost loved ones, learned the meaning of endurance, patience and what it takes to survive when you are stuck in the pits with the vipers. I walked into adult hood with burdens I never thought I would have but still managed to hold my head up. For the first time in my life I fell in love and then felt heartbreak. I began my journey towards self love and acceptance, learning new things about myself and accepting that I like what I like and I am who I am. I cut off family and so called friends, and it hurt, but for each person I lost I was blessed with a new and improved relationship that taught me about what true friendship means. But most importantly, I started writing again and took the first steps towards the person I am meant to be....

Was it hard? Yes, of course. But, isn't that life? a little give and a lot of take.Yet, that is the beauty of things. And for me, just like everyone else, life has been a beautifully, almost poet chaos, that inspires...

With that being said here's to 2020! the start of a new decade! I hope the upcoming year(s) for you are filled with joy and excitement, but most of all inner peace. For myself, I don't have a list of New Year's resolutions. My only goal (probably for the rest of my life) is to continue to move forward, one step at a time, to laugh, to wonder, to wander, and embrace the one life that was given to me, even in the hardest of times...

See you in the New Year!!!

I'll be back with the next installment of Risky Roxxy 😀


Comments

Popular Posts