The Goblin Part 10

Happy Hump day!

It's been a while since I last updated but I'm back this week (hopefully with more than one episode). I just came back from my birthday trip to Egypt and the last few days I haven't been feeling well. Today, however, I am feeling a little bit more like myself (you can see my post about my trip on my FB page)

With that being said I do have some new for you. I'm not sure if I said this already but I am writing a holiday story for my Hound series. At first I was planning to release it in a E-book (something I still might do at a later point in time) but I wasn't able to finish the stories on time to get them to editing and all that fun stuff. No worries, tho, because I am going to post them, here, on my blog beginning on Dec 22. So make sure to check those out.

So, now that I have given my update, let's catch up with Roxxy and see what trouble she's getting into.

The Goblin Part 10

I awoke to the scent of heal herbs filling my nose. The smell of burning sage lured me from the darkness I'd been drowning in. Comfortable warmth engulfed my body as I pried open my eyes. Heavy lids separating to reveal a world of shadows. I was still in the forest, I knew that much from the smell of the damp moss and the soft chirps of crickets hidden deep in the bushes.

Groaning, I pushed myself upright; ignoring the aches of my stiff body from laying on the forest floor. By the time I'd sat up and rested against the nearest tree, my vision had cleared and I found myself alone with a small fire burning in front of me. Beside me there was a bed of crumbled leaves, which proved to be a semi-comfortable pallet for me to rest on.

My head still hurt, but the pain had converted to a dull ache. Nothing like the skull splitting pain that had knocked me out the first time around.

Again, a pitiful sound escaped me as I closed my eyes. Rubbing my temples, I struggled to figure out how I'd ended up here. Nothing of significance came to me. I remembered walking through the forest, on the heels of a phantom child. Wandering through bush after bush until... until?

I couldn't remember. The harder I tried the more my head pounded and a strange sense of deja-vu filled me. But, I didn't have long to wallow in the feeling. Suddenly, I was no longer alone. The air around me rippled with a familiar hum of power and the scent of dark spices mixed with the smell of the burning sage.

The bushes a few feet in front of me rustled and out stepped Ayres, his impressive frame highlighted by the subtle glow of the fire. For a moment I couldn't do anything but stare at him, a mix of desire and confusion swirling inside of me. There was something about him, a mysteriousness that drew me to him in the most distracting ways.

My gaze raked over him.

I wanted to touch him, to run my fingers along the chiseled muscles of his body until his steel frame was engraved in my mind.

My tongue ran across my lips.

I wanted to taste him, to know the saltiness of his flesh until it was the only thing my taste palette knew...

In the brief moment we shared, staring at each other, there wasn't a wicked thought that didn't cross my mind. When his stare along with my thoughts became to much, I turned away from him. My cheeks flaming as I mentally reprimanded myself.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, that decadent voice of his continuing to reek havoc on my ears.

"Like shit," I managed to get out as I shifted on the ground. "what happened?"

Closing the distance between us, he crouched down, those intense eyes of his once again burning a hole into my soul. I shifted again, this time however, not from an uncomfortable seating arrangement but from the feelings Ayres was stirring inside of me.

"I don't know." He responded, a perplexed look coming to his face. "But, we have a problem." His tone grew deadly serious.

"A problem?" Great, I thought sourly. As if we didn't have enough problems. "What is it?"

The moment the question left my lips, the dark foreboding I'd been feeling since I first stepped foot in Carnival slammed into me. And judging by the look of sudden despair on Ayres face the problem no doubt dealt with one thing.

I held my breath, waiting for him to tell me what a small piece of my mind already knew.

There was a lengthy moment of heavy silence between us and then Ayres uttered the words that embedded panic and rage into my heart, "Emma's gone."

-TO BE CONTINUED-

Comments

Popular Posts