The Goblin Finale Part 1

Happy Hump Day!

Its Wednesday and you know what that means (insert drum roll). That's right, it's time for a new episode of Risky Roxxy. We are entering the Finale arc of the Goblin, so let's jump into it.

Enjoy :)

The Goblin Finale Part 1

"Roxanne! Look out!"

I heard Ayres's shout the same time sharp claws took a swipe at my head. Quickly, I rolled under the monster's feet and into one of the piles of half eaten bones and rotting flesh. Pain shot through my body, and I was pretty sure a jagged piece of done had pierced me somewhere. But I didn't have time to count my injuries, not when hungry jaws were snapping at me. Again, I rolled, trying my best to avoid being caught by the deformed monster, while at the same time luring it far enough away from Emma so Ayres could sneak his way over to her.

And the plan was working, in fact, it was working a little too well. It seemed the instant the creature had opened its eyes and found us standing at the entrance of its lair, it had been hell bent on taking a chuck out of us.

No, I took that back. It was hell bent on taking a hefty chunk out of me.

Vicious snarls filled the air and the beast crushed mounds of remains under its feet in its pursuit of me. Unfortunately for this abomination, I had no intention of being its main course tonight or any other night. On my feet, I made a mad dash towards the dense forest trees. Behind me echoed the creature's murderous howls.

My pulse pounded in my ears, and my body burned with growing fatigue.

I just have to let them get away. I thought as I neared the thick bundle of tree. I cast a glance over my shoulder and sure enough the creature was on my heels. Those glowing eyes drilling into me as it jaws hung open, salvia dripping down the side of its mouth.

A shiver went down my spine. Not one of fear, but of exhilaration. Inside of me brewed that dark hunger I was all to familiar with. In my mind voices sung of bloodlust and carnage. My body buzzed. I felt... alive and I felt strong.

Soon. I told myself. Soon, I'd be able to indulge in my appetite to my hearts content, but first...

My legs were suddenly swiped from under me and I was falling forward in flurry of disoriented limbs. I hit the ground face first and slid across the forest floor until I was stopped by a wide tree stump. For several seconds my world went dark and when I came to I found myself held upside down by one leg. The black void of the creature's throat the only thing I could see.

Fuck. The harsh curse repeated over and over in my mind as I tried to get my body in gear. I wiggled, kicked and punched at the beast in an effort to free myself. Still, the creature's grip held strong and it dangled me close enough to keep hold of, yet far back enough so I couldn't get a good hit to its face.

It wasn't long before the blood rushed to my head and my world was covered in a thick haze. Gradually, my the pressure built in my head, and my limbs became heavy. I could hear the bleak song of nothingness echoing around me. My eye lids began to close as I felt myself falling into the abyss...

There was a sudden howl of pain that broke through my haze. And then, I was falling for real. I prepared myself for another dance with the ground. Thankfully, that tango never happened. Instead warmth seeped into me and the felt the strength of strong arms wrap around me as Ayres's spiced scent filled my senses.

Part of me cried in joy and wanted to snuggle into his embrace. However, a much larger part of me worried for Emma. That concern was what pulled me back to myself and caused me to mumble, "where's Emma?" as I opened my eyes and locked gazes with Ayres.

Concern covered those handsome features of his, concern for me, and he responded, "I saw her in the entrance. I couldn't just leave you."

"What?" I breathed as he lowered me to my feet.

"Come one," his hand reached for mine, "the monster is injured, Let's get out of here with Emma and then come back."

With an annoyed huff I pulled my hand free form his, and glared at Ayres, "are you for real? You and I both know we can't leave this creature here. We found its nest once, it wont happen again. We kill it now or are you going to doom more innocent children."

Ayres seemed to consider my words before giving a defeated sigh. "I'll help-"

"No," I snapped. My anger at him boiling over. The longer he stayed to longer Emma was in danger. "Get Emma out of here. I can take care of my se-"

A loud roar echoed from behind me. I jerked around in time to see the creature emerging from the shadows of the forest with one of its arms missing.

"Roxanne," Ayres called me.

Without turning around, my attention focused on the obstacle before me, I told the beautiful stubborn man behind me one last time, "get Emma out of here." and then I was rushing the creature. Another one of those roars filled the air and then it was barreling towards me.

Yes. The dark voice in my head purred. Power coursed through me, energizing my body and I felt my world shift as the demon that lured inside of me burst free.

Time to eat.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

Comments

Popular Posts