The Goblin part 12

Hello everyone,

I know it''s been a while since the last episode. Sorry about that. I injured my back which put me down for two weeks and before that it was the holiday season, so I fell behind. But, I'm back with new episodes. So let's jump into it.

Enjoy :)

The Goblin Part 12

The inside of the cave smelled like decaying earth and phenomena. It was a suffocating aroma that choked me as I navigated my way through the cave's narrow passageway. Beneath the dirt walls whose protruding rocks scraped my arms, I could hear the squirming of the insects that called this place home.

The sound made my skin crawl.

Had it not been for the fact that I had no clue what awaited for me at the end of this tunnel, I would have rushed my way through the darkness. Ayres followed closely behind me and I found myself taking comfort in his presence. His company beat back my growing anxiety, which kept me focused and my feet steadily moving forward.

Until something long and black slithered its way into my path.

Fucking snakes.

They were disgusting reptiles that I hated more than the ghouls I'd hunted throughout my life. Started by its sudden appearance, I stopped short.

Ayres stumbled into me. A rush of heated air caressed the side of my face. Sending a shiver down my spine that distracted me from the retreating serpent.

"Roxanne, what's wrong?" That low rumble of a voice continued to seduce my hearing as he held my forearm to keep me steady.

Taking a deep breath, I calmed my nerves and hormones, and responded, "it was nothing. Let's keep moving. We're almost there."

A suspicious. "alright," echoed as he released me.

Pushing that annoying sense of longing that consumed me every time I felt Ayres's touch to the back of my mind, I resumed my stride. Ayres remaining my silent, brooding companion at all times. It wasn't long before the narrow passage widened and allowed a gust of fresh night air to blow past us.

"It's just ahead," I whispered just as the opening appeared.

Emma... She was close, I could feel it. The low but steady pulse of her power that tickled the hairs on the back of my arms.

we're coming for you, just hold on. My thought raced along with my heart. Anticipation brewed in my veins. Simmering with the need for violence against those that dared to take my precious Emma.

Again, my pace quickened and Ayres was right on my heels.

Just as the reached the exit of the cave and went to take that first step out into the open, I was hit with a stench so foul it was like a punch to the face. With a harsh curse spilling from my mouth I quickly covered my nose. Gagging behind my hands as my eyes darted around, searching for the source of the smell.

I didn't have to look long or hard to find my answers.

"What the..." Ayres's words faded behind me.

I couldn't hear anything above the anger screaming in my blood as I looked upon the savage horror before me. Everywhere, scattered across every inch of the forest floor, lay the remains of not only the missing goblin children but the half-eaten bits of other supernaturals and a few human parts as well.

I looked down. A scream built inside of me as I saw the severed and bloodied limbs at my feet.

I gagged once more, this time tasting vomit in the back of my throat. Lines of entrails led to piles of gnawed on bones. Yet that was not the worst of it. The outrage and despair I felt at seeing so many lives ended so abrupt and violently, was nothing compared to fury sweeping through me as I focused my attention on the small form lying in the center of the carnage.

"Emma," I was rushing forward in an instant. Unconcerned about the monster that lurked in the shadows.

Before I had taken several steps I was pulled back by Ayres's firm grip on my arm. With a frustrated scowl on my face, I turned on him, ready to jump down his throat if he dared to try and stop me for some stupid reason.

When all he did was give me a firm head shake and then cast a point glance past where Emma lay, I got a firm grip on my impulses and then my gaze followed his. Instantly, I tensed.

There chewing on what looked like a leg was a monstrosity I'd never seen before. As if it had just noticed our intrusion, yellow eyes turned to us.

"What is that?" The words may have escaped my mouth but I didn't expect them to be answered.

All I knew was that whatever that creature was, with is twisted limbs, large frame, and curled claws had decided we were next on its dinner menu.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

Stay tuned for the next episode

Comments

Popular Posts