The Conclusion of The Goblin


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Hello everyone,


I bet you guys thought I forgot. Nope. I didn't. So let's get into the conclusion of the Goblin.

Enjoy :)

The Goblin Part 3

"Roxanne!" Somewhere in my mind, a high pitched frantic voice echoed. "Roxanne, wake up."

But I didn't want to wake up. I was comfortably tucked away in a beautiful dream. A place where I could relax and I wasn't hunted by hideous monsters. A world where hunger and bloodlust weren't continually churning in the pit of my stomach.

"Roxanne," the voice this time was deep and soothing. Penetrating my subconscious with a sinful tremor of temptation and need.

"Roxxy," there was that high pitched voice again. This time I recognized it. "Please, wake up."

Emma? 

Was that my beautiful Emma?

Crawling out from my blanket of darkness, I opened my eyes.

Bright light flooded my vision and I was momentarily blinded.

"Daddy! She's awake." Emma shouted and I swore I would go deaf.

Blinking the painful light away I allowed my mind to catch up with all that had happened. Memories slammed into me and I groaned. My skull felt like it was going to split open at any moment.

"Roxxy," suddenly Emma's face filled my line of vision.

She's safe. 

"Are yo-" I wrapped her in my arms before she could finish her question. Joy exploded inside of me, pushing out the rest of my lethargy. Small arms wrapped around me and her warmth seeped into me as she hugged me back.

Tears stung the back of my eyes as Emma buried her hand in my neck. Her soft sobs filled my ears and I hugged her closer, whispering, "I'm so glad you're safe." And then I pulled back enough to see her face. Other than a few minor scratches, she seemed fine.

"Roxxy," she sniffled and I could see the tears beginning to cloud her eyes, again.

"Shh," I told her and then pressed a kiss to her forehead. "It's alright."

"She didn't leave your side." Ayres's voice came from beside me.

Holding Emma to me, comforting her as she softly cried against me, I looked to Ayres. Our gazes connected and something electric passed through us. For the thousandth time, my heart did that annoying flutter in my chest.

Just what was it about this man that made me want him?

He was beautiful, dangerous, strong, courageous and completely inaccessible. His heart was guarded and there was no doubt in my mind that the only one who was welcomed in it was Emma.

"She was worried about you and so was I." He said and the expression on his face said that wasn't all he wanted to say.

Pressing my face into Emma's thick hair, inhaling the fresh shampooed scent of the thick curls, I asked, "did you see."

Shame flushed my cheeks and the feeling only intensified when he replied, "yes."

This time when tears stung the back of my eyes it was from the pain in my heart. The feeling was as irrational as the thought that Ayres, out of all people, was the one I didn't want to see me in that hideous form.

As if he could feel my torment, Ayres called to Emma, saying, "let's let Roxanne get dressed. We will wait for her in the other room."

For a moment Emma's arms wrapped tighter around me and then she quickly let go. Scooting off my lap to take her father's outstretched hand.

"Come out soon," Emma told me and then I watched her and Ayres leave the room.

Alone  I took a few minutes to gather myself and calm my turbulent emotions. Once I felt more in control, I tossed the covered from my body, dressed in the shirt and pair of pants that had been neatly folded on a nearby dresser. There was no mirror in the spacious bedroom so I had no idea how I looked. But after several seconds of fiddling blindly with my hair, I let out a heavy sigh and decided it didn't matter what I looked like. I wouldn't be staying long anyway.

My job was done here and no matter how bad I wanted to stay and spend more time with Emma and Ayres, I needed to get back home. The run-in with that creature in the forest hadn't been an accident, nor was it some wandering beast. Some creature had planted it there, hoping that the monsters ravenous appetite for children would lure me out.

But why? Who or what was after me?

The answer illuded me, yet in the back of my mind, I could feel it lurking.

Whatever. I huffed. I'd figure it out on my way back to the city. For now, I needed to say my goodbyes.

Walking out the room, I found Ayres sitting on the sofa with Emma in his lap. Her small body was curled into him and she slept as peacefully as I'd ever seen her. I couldn't help but smile. That was until Ayres pinned me with that intense gaze of his.

Heat coursed through me as I approached him, careful not to make too much noise and wake Emma up.

"She fell asleep fast," I whispered once I was close enough.

"She's tired. Come, let's talk outside." with that I watched as Ayres gently laid Emma on the sofa and then got to his feet. "Follow me."

He started out the large tent and I followed behind him, compelled by whatever mysterious force drove my desire for him. In my chest, my heart pounded almost painfully. My hands began to sweat and I fidgeted nervously as the bright rays of the sun slammed into me. Momentarily blinded by the light, I could see Ayres, but I could feel him. I felt the warmth of his arms as they wrapped around me. I felt the firmness of his body as I was pulled into him. But more importantly, the heat of his kiss seeped into my bones making my knees weak. A moan escaped me and he took the opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth.

His kiss was sudden, powerful and all-consuming. As I kissed him back, I couldn't help but feel as if I was being devoured. The feeling tantalizing and delectable and left me breathless when we finally parted.

With his forehead pressed to mine, Ayres whispered, "Emma wasn't the only one who stayed by your side. That kiss was my repayment."

Smiling, I wrapped my arms around his neck and said, "then let me repay you in kind."

- END-

And that's all for the Goblin. I'll be back in two weeks with the start of The Vampire.

See you then. 

Comments

Popular Posts