The Vampire part 1

Happy Friday,

If you didn't see on my social media accounts, I decided to move Risky Roxxy to Fridays. It's easier for me to write on Fridays since its the end of the week.

So with that being said, let's jump into the first part of The Vampire.

Enjoy.

The Vampire part 1

It still bothered me. As I sat on the train, the wilderness turning into city lights, I couldn't get the image of that twisted ghoul out of my mind. Someone or something had deliberately let that monstrosity loose on Carnival. The question was why?

Was it because of Emma? Had she been their target all along?

Or was it me?  It had seemed it was part of the thing's motives,. However, it had stayed way too long in the isolated town feeding on the goblin children for me to be its main objective.

The thoughts continued to battle in my mind as the train pulled into the station. Although, I was glad to be on my way home. I missed Emma. It wasn't until she wasn't with me that I realized how much I depended on her company. But, I couldn't bring her back with me. Not just because she belonged with her father, but, the place I was going to now was no place from a small and powerful child.

Not to mention, she'd been separated from her father for long enough. After all they'd been through, they deserved a little peace.

"Too bad I couldn't stay longer," I grumbled as I grabbed my bag and joined the crowd stammering their way off the train. People bumped into me, left and right in their shuffle to get off the train.

I barely noticed. My thoughts had returned to Ayres and that decadent kiss he'd given me before I left. As much as I hated to admit it, the mysterious leader of the goblins had stolen a piece of my heart. And the piece that he held captive called for me to return and let him take what remained of my cold heart.

Something I damn sure was not about to do. There was something broken in me, a dark and malevolent force lived inside of me that had nothing to do with the monster I turned into when I was in the grasp of bloodlust. Until I figured out how to free myself, I couldn't be with anyone and I didn't deserve Ayres.

The rest of the journey to my apartment was a blur. Nothing particular happened to draw me from my self-loathing. At least not until I reached my front door. A foreboding shiver went down my spine as I studied the cracked door.

Just who in the hell had the balls to break into my apartment?

At first, it seemed as if it might have been some clumsy robber. But as I pushed open the door, carefully entering the apartment, the trickle of supernatural power I felt in the air, didn't belong to a common bulgar. In fact, as I walked deeper into my apartment, my senses on high alert as I noted that nothing seemed to be moved or ruined, it was an all too familiar and unwanted presence.

The temperature in the room dropped and a dead chill crept across my skin.

I dropped my bag in the hallway and walked into my living room. And sure enough, as I turned the corner into the living room, I found the bane of my existence reclined against my sofa, cloaked in the shadows cast by my closed curtains.

Standing in the archway, my gaze locked on to his. As always, when those black eyes watched me with dark intensity, my pulse raced.

I hated the feeling and I hated him. "Elijah," I growled his name. Against the side of my neck, the healed puncture wounds from his bite burned. The vile beast living inside of me awakened and prowled the halls of my mind, whispering of murder and revenge.

A smile spread across his face. He'd heard my thoughts loud and clear. "My beautiful, Roxanne." His voice was thickly accented and deep. Black eyes encased in a face that was craved by god, or more accurately the devil, himself. looked me over. Much to my dismay, he was still as handsome as he'd always been. Wavy black hair fell into medium layers and flared around his face. Although he was dressed in a rather cliche outfit, black slacks, turtle neck, and coat, his body frame was as large as ever.

"I've been waiting for you." He continued, and I ignored the way his voice continued to seduce my ears. "Come to me."

He held out an elegantly ringed hand, and I took a step forward. Something in me compelled to obey him. My gaze drawn to the large ruby ring he wore on his index finger.

I stopped. Giving a hard shake of my head I freed myself of his enchantment and narrowed my gaze on him, "what are you doing here. How did you find me?"

His smile widened, showing the tips of his long fangs, "Roxanne, I've always been able to find you. You're a part of me and, no  matter how much you hate it, I'm a part of you."

Anger boiled under the surface of my skin. Hot and potent it burned the cells of my body.

Kill. The creature inside of me whispered.

"It seems my gift has kept you company." He said.

"Get out of my sight." my voice had changed, dropping and octave and filled with sinister intent. "Before I stake you and drag you headless corpse out into the sun."

He laughed at that and the sound pissed me off.

"I can't leave until I get what I came for," he paused and I felt the air around me shift. Something brushed against my back and I jerked around.

Nothing was there.

When I turned back around, Elijah stood in front of me. Towering over me with his intimidating height.

"And I came for you."

-TO BE CONTINUED-

I hope you enjoyed this weeks episode of Risky Roxxy. Tune in next Friday for the next episode.

Comments

Popular Posts