Update and New Episode of Risky Roxxy, The Goblin Finale part 2

Happy Hump Day!!

It's Wednesday, so you know what the means (drum roll)! It's time for a new episode of Risky Roxxy (yay). But before I get into that, I have a update.

First, I'll start with my current WIP.

Its been a while but I am finally returning to my Faye world. That's right, this year you can expect the second book in my Faye series. With the way things are going, I am aiming for a early/mid summer release of this book. As the next few months move forward I will keep updating about the progress of the story.

As for the second update (another drum roll).

The anthology I am in, is set to release March 24, 2020 and I have the first peek of the cover.

12 amazing authors have come together to answer the question, What's Beyond the Door?.

As it get's closer to release day, I get more and more excited. I can't wait to see what worlds my fellow authors have taken us to.

(more details to come as it gets closer to release day)

Now, on to the new episode.

Enjoy :)

The Goblin Finale Part 2

Blood poured into my mouth. A warm gush of thick intoxicating that left a taste close to nirvana on my tongue. With the tips of my large fangs tearing into the child-eating monster, I latched myself onto its back. Only vaguely aware, through my bloodlust haze, that small spikes protruding from the beast's spine poked into my gut. Decadent, delicious and somewhat bitter, the creature's power consumed me the more I fed. My fingers transformed into talons and dug deep into the monster;s flesh and muscle. Keeping me in place as the monstrosity tried to viciously dislodge me off its back.

Useless efforts.

The only way it could free itself from my clutches was to pull me off and risk bleeding to death from the large chunk of flesh I would take with me. Although the beast was stupid, it was smart enough not to attempt a suicide mission.

Wind whistled around me as the creature frantically danced in the darkness.  The more it struggled the more blood I drank. Power and wicked magic filled my veins. With each draw of blood, a low almost orgasmic moan escaped me. Fever rushed inside of me, quickening my already irregular pulse.

Drink. A voice suddenly echoed in my ears. Take your fill and come to me, my beloved Roxanne.

That haunting and all to familiar voice stole, as it had done so many time before, the lust-filled happiness from my soul. Hatred for the owner of that voice morphed my twisted mind into something profane and perverted. 

Around me a savage and infuriated howl echoed and then claws were digging into my sides. Before I could react, I was ripped from the creature's back and slung into the remaining mound of broken and chewed bones. Pain cut through me as a chiseled tip of a bone erupted through my calf. The scent of fresh blood, my blood, filled the air and instant alarm consumed me.

Something wasn't right, didn't smell right. The tainted aroma of poison filled my nose. My gaze snapped to my mounded leg, noted the abnormal color of blood, and then to the creature, who watched me from several feet away with a seemingly smug gleam to its eyes.

Good girl. That godforsaken voice was back in my head.

I shut it out. Unwanted memories had distracted me more than enough. I had more pressing matters to concern myself with. Like the sudden throbbing in my head that made it feel like my skull was going to split open at any moment. Or the fact that a cold numbness was creeping its way through my limbs while my skin felt like it was roasting over an open fire. My fangs retracted into my gums, turning my teeth back to normal. Inside me, the electric power I'd felt began to die.

"Fuck," I whispered hoarsely.

Ahead of me the creature advanced. Stalking towards me as if I was some dying prey.

I not going to die here. 

Not when Emma was still in danger.

Conviction helped me stagger to my feet. Willpower allowed me to lumber from the rubble. Rage rushed me forward with a battle cry of blind fury. I dodged a swiping claw and with the last of my strength I drove my reverting finger-talons into the beast's chest. Toxic blood splattered across my face and the creature cried out with a agonized wail as my fingers wrapped around its oversized heart, and squeezed. The monster's body stiffed. Its heart thumped in my hand. Its beating slowing but not stopping fast enough.

My energy was fading, depleting at a rapid rate that I could do nothing about. Shifting back into my human form, I struggled to squash beast's heart in my hand.

Come on, Roxxy. My tired voice in my head spurred me on and I gave one final squeeze. The life giving organ beat once, twice and then deflated. Above me, I felt the heat of the creature's dying breath.

I win. With that thought, I snatched my blood soaked hand free of the corpse and staggered out of the way as it collapsed to the ground. For several seconds, I stared blankly at the creature's remains. My consciousness gradually fading and morbid exhaustion weighting me down.

"Roxanne," Ayres's called from behind me.

Blinking, I turned to face the goblin leader. His panicked gaze locked onto me and all I could think of was Emma. I'd saved her and that was the most important thing. My only regret, as I lost feeling in my legs, was that I didn't steal that kiss from Ayres when I had the chance, and then... lights out.

-STAY TUNED NEXT WEEK FOR THE LAST EPISODE OF THE GOBLIN-

Comments

Popular Posts