The Vampire part 3

The Vampire part 3

When I came too I was surrounded by plush velvet. My body entangled in warmth and cushioned by a semi-firm mattress that soothed my aching bones. A far cry from the cold cellar I was all too familiar with. Instead of the steady dripping of leaking water, the peaceful hum of night greeted my ears. For a moment I allowed myself to indulge in the forgotten bliss of a comfortable bed.

Even if it wasn't my bed.

Stretching under the covers I let loose a long yawn as my bones and joints cracked and the tension faded from my body.

I need to get out of here. 
\
That much I knew, yet my limbs, and apparently my senses, refused to listen to me.

Five more minutes. 

Only a few more moments of solitude and then I would get up and find my way out of Elijah's home.

That's what I tried to do anyway. Unfortunately, luck seemed to forever be my nemesis. Just as I was settling back into my minute nap, I sensed Elijah. Forever the dark cloud that hovered over me. Under the covers, I listened as his footsteps drew closer to the bedroom. Suddenly, the beast inside of me stirred. Rearing its ugly head and unbridled lust from the creature that made it. By the time Elijah stood in front of the bedroom door the blood in my veins had turned into liquid fire. My skin pricked with anxious awareness. In the pit of my stomach need churned.

With my hearing as sensitive as any supernatural creature, I could hear the rustling of his clothes as he reached for the door handle. The knob turned, the lock clicked, and my heart lept into my throat.

Disgusting. The fact that my body continued to react so violently to his presence disgusted me. I hated Elijah and that would never change. Yet, the lust inside of me, the body that he hand spent countless hours fine-tuning to his touch, craved to feel him once again. It was an overpowering desire and one I'd never learned how to deal with. It wasn't until I finally escaped him, broken and nearly half dead, that I was finally able to regain some sense of myself.

The door opened and then shut and Elijah's dark aura seeped into the room. Filling the luxurious space to the brim.

"Roxanne," he called and the beast inside of me clawed at the walls of my mind, demanding I set it free.

Quiet. I told the creature. I would not give in to those dark needs swimming inside me. I couldn't.

Still, the war waged inside of me and my better judgment was rapidly failing with each step he took closer to the bed.

Why was he letting me hear his steps anyway?

Elijah was an old vampire and his powers were almost unlimited, as far as I could tell. So immense in fact that he seemed to float rather than walk. At a thousand years old, he'd perfected the art of stealth and never let anyone hear him approaching unless he wanted them to.

And it was painfully obvious that he wanted me to know there was no way for me to deny him.

"I know you're awake." that sensuous and insistent voice of his wreaked havoc on my ears. Luring in and seducing the last of my sanity. "I can hear your rapid heartbeat."

He was closing in, standing near the edge of the bed.

"Even from this distance and with you layered under my blankets I can feel the heat of your body."

The bed dipped behind me.

I tensed. Fear slithering through me. But, not fear of Elijah. What troubled me was the unknown. As Elijah leaned in closer, my mind began to go hazy. All I could hear and feel was Elijah.

"Roxanne," his voice was in my ear. Cold breath glided across my fevered flesh. Sending a decadent shiver down my spine.

Hunger gnawed at me. Yet, it wasn't food my body yearned for. Blood, I needed blood... Elijah's blood. My fangs started to poke into my bottom lip.

Violent thirst took hold of me.

"Give in to me." Elijah continued to whisper into my ear. "I can smell your desire, your hunger... your thirst."

In my delirium, his words were sweet temptation.

"My beautiful, Roxxy," he touched my shoulder. "Come, feed." With a gentle tug, Elijah turned me to him.

"Ah," a sly smile spread across his face. It was that same suggestive smile that had entrapped me in the first place. "There's my Roxanne." He moved away from me just enough so I could sit up. "You look famished. Come here. I have plenty for you."

I was no longer in control of myself. Panting, I licked my lips. Already tasting his powerful blood on my lips. I watched him watch me as he used his nail to puncture two holes in the side of his neck. My wild gaze was glued to the two small bubbles of blood emerging from the wounds.

"Eat." He opened his arms.

That was all it took. Moving like the predator he made me, I latched on to him. My fangs pierced his neck with the force of a snake attacking its prey. Warm blood from a fresh feeding flowed into my mouth and a moan escaped me as I crawled my way into Elijah's lap.

More.... I pulled harder. A burst of the vital liquid poured into my mouth.

More... I needed more, more of his blood and more of his touch.

With one last pull, I retracted my fangs from Elijah's neck and pulled back. Dragging in ragged breaths, I stared into the soulless depths of his gaze. My thirst momentarily quenched, I was drowning in a more primal need.

"I hate you," I growled at him and then crushed my lips to his.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

Comments

Popular Posts